Implement the Gossip Model in one of the established clients
Video explanation of the Gossip model: https://mikedilger.com/gossip-relay-model.mp4 Gossip codebase: https://github.com/mikedilger/gossip
The idea is to implement this model (or a variant of it) for keeping track of relays people post in and following them and making Nostr more decentralized in one of the already established clients:
For other clients please ask first, or suggest adding here with a PR.
Basic description of the essence of the Gossip model:
- Keep track of relays in which people post on, according to:
- events from that person seen on that relay
- relay hints from other events
- NIP-05 relays
- kind 2
- kind 3
- Discover new relays organically through route hints while browsing global feeds, loading replies (from whatever relays) and following relay hints in events
- When loading the home feed, try to not connect to all relays on the earth, and only ask the relevant relays for the relevant pubkeys instead of flooding queries.
- Make relays manually editable for each person followed
Slightly related (but ignorable): https://fiatjaf.com/3f106d31.html
The bounty can be increased depending on the implementation.
Multiple payouts of this same bounty can be made if it is implemented in multiple apps.
Claimed, so far, by